Tuesday, 19 April 2011

CAN'T WAIT!!!

SOOO EXCITED!! Work cannot come fast enough for me! Here is a picture of the most recent foal born at work. He is a son of Hezgottabefamous x La Jollas Avenger and is about 13 hours old in this picture. I'm so stinking stoked to go to work and see all my new babies. Work is the one place where I can actually find peace. I don't feel the stress of life here in Lethbridge and I can finally be myself and not really worry about anything, except work which comes naturally for me.

Well plans for today, other than pining over myself wanting to be at work, include finishing my essay, studying for my final tomorrow morning and going to the gym with Jessie and her making me supper! Lets just say, I'm a little excited not to be cooking!! YAY!!! I've also come to the realization that when attempting to study or write an essay, watching Atlantis in the background is a poor study choice. Needless to say my progress regarding my essay is diminishing haha.

Annnd my cousin is getting married this weekend, meaning all my family from far away is coming! WOOT WOOT! Gotta love family reunions, actually I'm super excited because we are kidnapping my cousin from California for a slumber party at my house. Then hopefully going riding up in Bassano the next day, meaning I will get to go visit work for a little bit, don't worry I'll take lots and lots of pictures. I can only imagine how big Larry is now. Oh for those of you who don't know who Larry is here is a picture from around Christmas.
When Larry was about two days old, he was suffering from severe dehydration and had to be put upon an IV for a few days, although he was till pretty small he pulled through nicely. Ever since then he became the friendliest little colt and a favorite for all of us girls that summer. Anytime we were out in the field or feeding, he would just come up to us basically begging for us to pet him and pay attention to him. Halter breaking him wasn't as issue, he would just follow us wherever we would go and he didn't even freak out from the halter being placed on him. He still is my favorite and now he is going to be super big as he is almost a yearling. Lets just say, if I could afford it I would buy him and train him myself. :)

Well Atlantis is over, meaning I actually need to work now. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment