Man, what a way to start work! missed hearing the foal alarm and only woke up cause Carol came and got me. Lets just say I will now sleep with my door open to hear the alarm :P buuuutt.. the end result is...... I HAD MY FIRST FOAL BORN! =D First a little back story with his mama. So his mother's name is dreamer and she was been waxing for the past ten days. (For those of you who don't know, waxing is when they start to drip milk from their bags just before they give birth) Usually mares wax for only a few days before giving birth so we here were getting really impatient. I guess I was just the magic touch <3 haha
So anyways, he was born and we took him into the barn, but since his mother had dripped so much milk, we decided to ensure he got enough nutrients right away we would bottle feed him some colostrum. We had to wait till he was standing, which surprisingly didn't take to long. He was so wobbly last night and still was this morning, because he is a little wind swept in his back legs, so we were calling him Wonky Willy. Out of all the foals born at sandy ridge, only 2 fillys have been born. Its the year of the boys! haha
Willy is a funny little boy and he has a nice pedigree. His sire is Dash for Cash and his Dam is out of Millionaire Playboy. He is gonna be nice when he grows up! Well we also have a few other foals here.
This is Tellum :D
This is Tellum's foal, he is one of the two oldest foals here on the ranch.
So there is a story behind this cute little guy. He beat Carol which is a rarity. Honor had this little guy at 331 days, almost 11 days early from what we were expecting. Since he was is such a hurry to come into the world we have named him Rush.
Honor taking care of her little boy. <3
Peek-A-Boo...I see you! haha I really love this photo lots.
This little filly, is turning a nice grey color like her mother. Her mother's name is Merl, I kinda wanna call her Erma haha but I don't think that is going to happen.
This is our yearling blue who is turning out beautifully! shes gorgeous!
The all the yearlings were really friendly today...they all came over and were sniffin me wanting some attention.
Yup and thats our Larry!
We had some really nice weather today so we got to go tackle the lovely chore of de-blanketing all the babies. Rush was fairly cooperative and is just adorable! <3 Well I should get some sleep! work starts early here haha :P

I WANT YOUR JOB!!!!
ReplyDelete